- The company maintains strict control of your house key and security alarm code information. No personal information is annotated on your key tag. Your pet’s name and our administrative number is our cross reference from your contract to the keys which are kept separated in our company locking key boxes.
- We request that clients provide two copies of the house key during the Registration Interview. Your representative will keep one key secured in their key box and the office will secure the back-up copy for emergency situations.
- In the event you have an unscheduled need for service and your primary pet care provider is out of town, the second key allows us to meet your needs without an additional delay in obtaining a key. We can also assist if you lock yourself out of the house!
- Please do not ask us to return keys by locking them inside the home on the final visit. If you request to have your key returned, it will be returned to you by mail. We can, at your request, leave your key with a trusted neighbor or in a safe hiding place outside the home. We must be able to access the home for continuing pet care if you are delayed in returning.
- Your pet sitting representative is familiar with most home security systems but may request a “walk through” of setting and disarming your system to understand its nuances. We cannot be responsible for false alarms when systems have been armed or disarmed according to your instructions. You have several options with respect to your security code.
- You may provide your pet care provider with your personal code.
- You may change the code for the duration of service or provide us with a ‘guest code’ that is only activated during the contracted period.
- You may choose to leave the system disarmed while you are away.
Before You Leave
Please leave a note for your pet sitter with specific instructions related to the current visit. While we have the instructions in our files from the original consultation, things may have changed slightly from the previous visit. Please advise us if there are any alarm code changes before you leave. Make sure we have up-to-date emergency contact info in the case any questions or issues that arise while you are away. Please leave medications, special treats or cleanup disposal bags where we can easily see them.